Ek hoop jy kan my help met inligting’ oor die padreëls wat op fietsryers van toepassing is – ek het by die National Road Traffic Act en op die Arrive Alive webwerf gaan kyk maar kan niks opspoor waar daar oor padreëls spesifiek gepraat word nie.
Ek is spesifiek op soek na info’/reëls oor watter kant van die pad ‘n fietsryer moet ry (waar daar nie ‘n fietsbaan is nie) – as daar so iets is – of ‘n ryer ‘n valhelm moet dra of nie, ens. Ek praat hier van gewone fietsry van een plek na ‘n ander, nie van professionele fietsryers wat oefen nie.
‘Hoop jy kan help, ek sal dit baie waardeer.
Ek heg die regulasie uit die Padverkeersregulasies vir jou aan.
Fietsryers moet in dieselfde rigting as voertuie ry so na as moontlik aan linkerkant van die pad.
Hulle moet valhelms dra – reg 207.
Die reëls is dieselfde vir alle fietsryers.
Riding on pedal cycles
Reg 311. (1) No person shall ride a pedal cycle on a public road unless he or she is seated astride on the saddle of such pedal cycle.
(2) Persons riding pedal cycles on a public road shall ride in single file except in the course of overtaking another pedal cycle, and two or more persons riding pedal cycles shall not overtake another vehicle at the same time.
(3) No person riding or seated on a pedal cycle on a public road shall take hold of any other vehicle in motion.
(4) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall deliberately cause such pedal cycle to swerve from side to side.
(5) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall carry thereon any person, animal or object which obstructs his or her view or which prevents him or her from exercising complete control over the movements of such pedal cycle.
(6) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall do so with at least one hand on the handle‑bars of such pedal cycle.
(7) Whenever a portion of a public road has been set aside for use by persons riding pedal cycles, no person shall ride a pedal cycle on any other portion of such road.
(8) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road or a portion of a public road set aside for use by persons riding pedal cycles, shall do so in such manner that all the wheels of such pedal cycle are in contact with the surface of the road at all times.
Compulsory wearing of protective helmet
Reg 207. (1) No person shall drive or be a passenger on a motor cycle, motor tricycle or a motor quadrucycle, or be a passenger in the side-car attached to a motor cycle, on a public road, unless he or she is wearing a protective helmet—
(a) which is specially designed for use in connection with such cycle; and
(b) which fits him or her properly and of which the chin strap is properly fastened under the chin.
(2) After expiry of three years from the date of commencement of this regulation, no person shall drive or be a passenger on a pedal cycle on a public road unless he or she is wearing a protective helmet which fits him or her properly and of which the chin straps is properly fastened under the chin. (date: 5 October 2004)
(3) The driver of a motor cycle, motor tricycle, motor quadrucycle or pedal cycle shall ensure that any passenger in or on such cycle who is younger than 14 years, complies with the provisions of subregulation (1) or (2), as the case may be.
(4) Notwithstanding the provisions of subregulations (1) and (3), the driver and passengers of a motor cycle—
(a) equipped with a seatbelt anchorages that comply with the requirements of standard specification SABS 1430 “Motor vehicle safety – anchorages for restraining devices in motor vehicles”, for the driver and passengers (if any);
(b) the engine of which can not move unless the driver and passengers (if any), of the motor cycle wears the seatbelt referred to in paragraph (a); and
(c) that complies with the requirements of annex II of the standard specification SABS 1440 “Motor vehicle safety – The steering mechanism of motor vehicles (M1 only) – behaviour on impact,
may drive or be passengers on such motor cycle on a public road while not wearing a protective helmet.
Besoek ook die volgende skakels: